She is not versed in academic research (Research-9), but her Biology(garden worlds)-11 certainly can support. Furthermore, the ship's onboard AI can provide a +1 as well. This gives her a Research-11. She rolls a 5, a margin of success of +6: an unusual level of detail is revealed.
- The raptors encountered are NOT real raptors, but hybrids of Terran ancient genes and Prometheus reptiles. Their size altered using gene editing to make them more prized game. Aeryn has a Bioengineering book on the topic, actually.
- Raptor products are LC4 such as meat, skin and bones. Regulated usage on Terra and Prometheus.
- Raptor germ material (eggs, clone cultures, genomes) is LC3. Restricted to research under strict ethical guidelines.
- Live raptors are LC2. Banned under most jurisdictions. (Terra and Prometheus are CR4, but Brethrow seems to be a more relaxed CR3).
- Aeryn has the contact information of 4 leading research groups in Terran universities on raptor engineering.
- Breton-Lewis group at the Museum of Natural History, London, Terra.
- Qi group at Xerces University, Mars.
- Inagaki group, University of Tsukuba.
- Shurmed group, Nusku Institute of Natural History.
- Aeryn knows that there is a market for raptor products on Terra in Asian markets. She has a list of restaurants that allegedly serve such products.
- Mainly institution in mainland China, Japan and Vancouver, Canada.
- Aeryn knows that Promethean authority would shutdown a raptor farm if they knew about it, and would prosecute if said farm was located on the main continent.
- One such farm was dismantled in the lowland near the north pole a few years ago.
- Aeryn knows that raptor hunt and bait rescue hunts are very lucrative. Raptor hunting may be legal in Brethrow, but certainly not bait rescue hunts. A week probably bring in ~200K to the operators.
- Aeryn knows about another eminent scientist in Saurien behavioural sciences, and has a list of recent graduates from her group.
- Prof. Dean Harrow-Smith, MNH (London), currently on sabbatical with the Qi group on Mars.